Whether you’re thinking about retiring or you’re just considering a change, exiting your business successfully can be at least as hard as building it in the first place. Should you sell? Do you even have a business that’s saleable without you? Can you get more for it if you do some other things first?
Do you have current staff who want to become owners? Do you want them to become owners? Do you have the confidence to place your future economic security in their hands?
Should you acquire another company to build your business’s value? Should you acquire another company to acquire future leadership for your firm?
Do you have the corporate vision and strategy in place to make these decisions, or do you need to do some Strategic Planning first? Do you need to increase your profitability to be able to attract an outside buyer or fund an inside deal?
And just in case all of this isn’t enough for you to be pondering, what about that whole ESOP thing?
At TobinLeff, we have the practice and processes to guide you through not only these decisions, but also through their implementation. If you’re ready to pull the trigger on a sale, our methodologies and experience will find the buyers and get them competing for you. But if you’re somewhere earlier along the pathway of this journey, we’re prepared to help you there, as well. We’re only successful when the solution we provide fits your needs. Here’s how we do it.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Sales to external buyers – strategic and financial
- Sales to private equity groups
- Strategic acquisitions
- Acquisitions to enhance value
Exit & Succession Planning
- Comprehensive exit plans
- Management buy-outs (MBOs)
- Partner buy-ins and buy-outs
- Plans to retain control while instituting incentives for others to run the business
- Strategic Plans to build business value
- Plans to attract and retain the highest quality staff
- Proprietary ProfMetrics™ profitability and benchmarking tool
- Proprietary Value Drivers audit tool
- Tactical consulting to enhance profitability (business model analysis, pricing, estimating, staff utilization, etc.)
- Executive coaching