Mergers & Acquisitions
Business ownership is a journey, and journeys lead to destinations. If you’re thinking that you’re at the end of your current road and ready to set off on your new one, our Mergers & Acquisitions services may be just what you need.
TobinLeff will begin by getting to know you and your business. What are your goals, dreams, and objectives? What is distinctive about your business? Is your business saleable, and what value might you be able to put on it?
If the time and value are right, TobinLeff has a proven process for finding potential buyers and getting deals done. We believe strongly in making a market – not setting a price (but establishing our own internal estimate of value with you), but seeing what the market will bear. Ideally, we will get multiple suitors competing for you. Steps in the process generally include:
- Conducting discovery sessions with you to sketch out a plan that meets your personal objectives
- Assessing your distinctive value proposition with our proprietary Value Drivers audit tool
- Estimating business value using multiple methodologies applied to historical and adjusted financials, your value drivers, and industry benchmarks and knowledge
- Creating an offering document
- Building a target list of likely prospects from our own internal databases, our industry contacts, and custom research
- Developing and implementing a lead generation campaign that may include teaser letters and emails, select outreach calls, and postings on M&A business opportunity sites
- Creating a market through the teaser letters
- Vetting initial expressions of interest and sending the offering document to selected prospects after obtaining an NDA
- Serving as your go-between with prospects to provide information and carry on negotiations so that you can keep running your business
- Coordinating terms and reviewing documents with your attorney and accountant
- Getting the deal done and celebrating with you at a festive dinner after closing!
Or maybe you want to acquire another firm rather than sell your own. You might be looking to add capabilities or a book of business, enhance profitability, expand your management team, or just grow your total billings. We can help with this, too. The process is very much like the one outlined above for a sale. The main difference is that now you’ll be on the other side of the table, and we’ll be working to get you the biggest bang for your buck.